Thursday, January 24, 2013

Kareena Kapoor to go slimmer for next with Imran Khan

Kareena Kapoor was one of the few A-listers last year who made an item song appearance with Dabangg 2’s hit, ‘Fevicol se’. But even as the item number became a chartbuster, a section of the media criticised the actor for her weight gain in the Salman Khan-starrer.

Now Kareena, who believes that ‘Fevicol’ required her to look curvy, is set to go in for a toned look in Punit Malhotra’s next with Imran Khan.

Kareena says, “Punit wants me to look ‘stylishly different’ in his film. Besides, there are five songs in the film, which require a lot of dancing.” While one of the songs is a wedding number (where Kareena and Imran’s characters meet), another is an item song.

“But it’s not like I am doing anything extreme. I will still be voluptuous, but the difference will be that my appearance will be more toned and fitter because I need to acquire such a look for my dance numbers,” she says.

In fact, dancing is so important to Punit’s film that Kareena and Imran are going to rehearse their moves for 18-20 days before shooting the songs. “The sets will be huge,” says the actor, who has just returned from a long holiday in Switzerland with husband Saif Ali Khan.

Ask her if the weight criticism bothered her, and she says, “It was the requirement of the song. I couldn’t have looked as lean and toned as in ‘Halkat jawani’ (her item song in Heroine; 2012) because ‘Fevicol se’ is a desi kind of number.”

For Punit’s film, Kareena has already started working on her new look. “I used to do a lot of power yoga but have started Iyengar yoga now, which is more difficult. I’ve already done two sessions and am feeling absolutely amazing,” she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment